Applied on line? Now what? - Things to Know
Cascade Education Alliance Professional Development and Event website - Login Required to Register
1. What is the status of my application?
ͦ Accepted applicants will receive an invitation to a sign up for a Substitute Registration Session. Substitute Registrations will be held weekly. Please click here for updated information.
Questions? Please contact Substitute Services at 866-373-4321.
ͦ Unsuccessful candidates may receive no status update or notice that a position has been filled
ͦ If you have not heard back in 2 weeks time, please send an email to substitute services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your application.
2. Print your completed New Substitute Hiring forms that were emailed to you. Have them readily available
3. Required Online Compliance Training Courses: State and federal laws require ALL school district employees including substitutes, to complete annual training in Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens, Bullying Prevention, and more.
ͦ This training is NO COST
ͦ You will be sent the email link to complete these online trainings AFTER attending a New Substitute Registration
ͦ Compliance training in another Oregon school district may be transferable; be prepared to provide evidence of completion
4. Within 2 weeks of submitting your online application, you will receive a Substitute Candidate email referring to a substitute registration event
ͦ The link will go to the Cascade Education Alliance Professional Development and Event website hosted by Wild Apricot
ͦ Go there to register for upcoming CTA registration events. You must have received the email invitation with the link FIRST before you can sign up for an event.
ͦ Expect to receive follow up emails regarding the upcoming event from CTA and Wild Apricot
ͦ Alert the CTA Sub Team if you are unable to attend for any reason
5. What happens at the CTA Substitute Registration?
ͦ Download the "What to Expect When Attending CTA Substitute Registration" handout
6. Fingerprinting Information: ALL classified (non-licensed) substitutes are required to complete fingerprints if they have not been done previously through the Oregon Department of Education.
ͦ There are fees involved with both collecting and processing fingerprints. Complete details are included in the "What to Expect When Attending CTA Substitute Registration" handout
ͦ Licensed teachers are fingerprinted as a part of their licensing process with the State of Oregon